Feng Shui Bedroom Tips
Jan 17, 2023
Feng shui has been practiced in China for thousands of years, and its goal is to create balance and harmony by maximizing the flow of qi, or energy.
Some people believe that feng shui can also improve mental health, and there is some scientific evidence to support this claim.
Feng shui practitioners believe that our environment can impact our mood and wellbeing, and that by making small changes in our living spaces, we can encourage the flow of positive energy. This may help to reduce stress levels and promote a sense of calm.
While feng shui won’t solve all your problems, it’s definitely worth considering if you want to create a more peaceful and harmonious home, especially in the bedroom!
Tips for incorporating feng shui design into your bedroom
1) USE PROPER ALIGNMENT & SYMMETRY: Position your bed in a way that allows you to see the door while you’re lying in bed. This is known as the “commanding position” and is said to provide a sense of safety and protection.
2) PLACE BED IN A COMMANDING POSITION: The ideal bed placement allows you to see the bedroom door while you’re in bed without being directly in front of or in line with it (in the commanding position). Having a view of the door without being too close gives a sense of safety and promotes relaxation and good sleep according to feng shui.
The head of the bed should be against a wall, but not under a window which could allow qi to flow outside and cause restless sleep. If there are two people sleeping in the bed, there should be equal space on both sides so each person can get into and out of bed easily.
3) INCORPORATE NATURE: Incorporate natural elements into the room, such as plants, wood, metal, water or stone. These elements can help to create a sense of balance and harmony.
One or more elements should all be represented equally for good feng shui. You can incorporate these elements through your bedroom’s color palette, textures, shapes, and decorative objects.
4) SIMPLE & UNCLUTTERED: Keep the bedroom clean and clutter-free. This will allow for good energy flow and promote feelings of calm and relaxation.
5) AVOID MIRRORS: Avoid having mirrors in the bedroom, as they can disrupt the energy flow and make it difficult to sleep. If you must have a mirror, be sure to position it so that it does not reflect the bed.
6) LIMIT TECH: Avoid electronic devices in the bedroom, as the blue light emitted from them can interfere with your sleep. If you must have electronic devices in the room, be sure to turn them off at least an hour before bed.
7) USE COLOR: Use colors that promote relaxation and tranquility, such as blues, greens, and purples. Avoid using bright colors or bold patterns, as these can be stimulating and make it difficult to sleep.
When it comes to home decorating, feng shui is believed to restore and balance the energy that flows into and around your space. Leveraging these design tips to transform your bedroom can have an positive impact on our wellbeing, relationships, and mood.