What to Do the Day You Show Your Home
Dec 27, 2023
Getting your home ready for sale can be a stressful thing to do. It’s important, therefore, that you are ready for anything that could come your way that day. You want to make sure that the inspections and people walking through your home are done smoothly and without too much interruption to your day. But you also need to make sure that the potential home buyers really want to buy your house.
There are some things that you can do, including staging and prepping that will help you to tackle the cleaning, organizing and last minute arranging that comes with staging your home ready for sale. From the candles that you like just to have that lovely scent through the home to make it smell fresh and clean, to the cookies you might bake to offer them something to eat on their way round, There are plenty of staging options when it comes to selling. Let’s take a look at the things that you should be doing the very day that you have a home inspection.
- Make sure that your personal items are no longer on display. Take a box and remove any photos that are displayed on table tops or hung on the fridge. Take down the pictures that the kids have made off the refrigerator and arrange the magnets neatly. You need to make sure that personal items are kept out of sight on the day of your inspection because this show day shows families that they can picture themselves.In your house.
- Give it a thorough clean. When you show your house the potential buyers, you need to make sure that the space is as clean as it can possibly be. Going through it in the morning before the inspection begins includes vacuuming the floors, mopping the floors and wiping down all surfaces.
- Make sure that you have highlighted all of the selling points. What are the attractive features about your home? If you can showcase these as much as possible, you can start convincing home buyers that your house is the one. If you have anything that’s beautiful, such as a nice mantle or beautiful rugs, then make sure that you have these as much as possible.
- Get rid of the rubbish. All of the trash cans in your house need to be empty with clean fresh bins inside them. If you can, put a candle that is centered nearby to anywhere that you do store rubbish. Make sure that it’s lit and the scent is built up. You could even stop by the grocery store for a few bouquets of flowers and have the natural set of flowers flowing through your home.
- Pretend that you’re the buyer. Walking through your own house to pretend that you are a potential buyer is going to help you to see it in the buyer’s eyes. The flow of movement through the house is really going to help you because you can then determine whether anyone’s going to trip over the Ottoman or bump into the side of the table.